AEs help business bloom
In India, our Agri-Entrepreneur (AE) program benefits smallholders in all sorts of ways. A colleague there is writing portraits that provide examples of these and other developments. See what Parikrama Chowdhry says about:
* how veg puts rice growers on a better path
* the spirit of “Yes, we can”
* faith and focus bringing business success
(added in June)
* the transformational power of tomatoes
(added in May)
* Bawan Chibhade and his brothers, who transformed their lives with vegetables
* Manoj Bage, who found the sweet-spot of an entirely new crop
as well as about
* Chandrama Nag, who's experienced the injustices suffered by many women in poverty. Now, however, she is a successful agricultural entrepreneur
* How the fortunes of a marginalized farmer bloomed with marigolds - and an AE's advice helped many of her neighbors, too
* how an AE spotted an opportunity for a return from construction to farming - in this case, watermelons.
Further portraits are available here.