Version date 15th February 2022
www.syngentafoundation.org (referred to in this cookies policy as “our website”) is operated by Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture, a non-profit organization established under the laws of the Canton Basel-Stadt, Switzerland, and whose registered address is c/o Syngenta AG, Rosentalstrasse 67, 4058 Basel (referred to in this cookies policy as “SFSA”, “we”, “us”).
- May collect information that personally identifies.
- Will collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user's general location.
- It Will not generally be used to give information to third-party marketing companies or media advertisers.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website installs on a user’s device when they visit that website. Cookies help websites recognize the user’s device the next time they visit that website.
We only need to obtain the user’s consent for some cookies. We are permitted to store cookies on a user’s device without their consent if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our website. For all other types of cookies, we need the user’s consent before placing cookies on their device.
How to accept, reject, or delete cookies?
We present a banner to users when they access our website from any browser or device. The banner provides the option of accepting or rejecting cookies (except for cookies which are strictly necessary for the operation of our website). Alternatively, users can change their cookie settings at any time by clicking the link below – users will have the option to change (via tick boxes) which cookies they accept.
Users can delete browsing data (including cookies) from their browser by referring to the options and instructions provided by their browser.
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies are those which the website cannot function properly without. They are required in order for the website to provide the function or service that the user requests. The user’s consent is not required to place this type of cookie on their device.
- Preference cookies enable the website to remember information that changes how the website behaves or looks, like the user’s preferred language. These may be first-party or third-party cookies (see definitions below). The user’s consent is required to place this type of cookie on their device.
- Statistics cookies allow analysis or measurement of the user’s behavior on the website, including measuring the impact of advertisements and analyzing where users click. This is done in order to improve the website and help website owners understand how visitors interact with their websites by collecting and reporting information. These may be first-party or third-party cookies (see definitions below). The user’s consent is required to place this type of cookie on their device.
- Marketing cookies are used to track users across websites. They store information about the user’s behavior which is obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits. This allows the development of a specific user profile to enable a website to show advertising that is relevant for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. These may be first-party or third-party cookies (see definitions below). The user’s consent is required to place this type of cookie on their device.
First-party and third-party cookies:
- First-party cookies are those that we (SFSA) place on the user's device from our website.
- Third-Party cookies are placed on a user’s device by some features enabled on our website and are provided by a non-SFSA entity (a “third-party”). The third-party deals with the data obtained through the cookies. However, we (SFSA) may also use the information given by the third-party cookies (e.g., Google Analytics).
Session and persistent cookies:
- Session cookies contain information that is stored in a temporary memory location and are subsequently deleted after the session is completed or the web browser is closed. Session cookies store information that the user has inputted and track the movements of the user within the website.
- Persistent cookies will remain on the user’s device for the period of time specified in the Cookies Table below.
Some cookies on our website use personal data such as the user’s IP address.
In relation to third-party cookies, please also refer to the cookies policies and privacy policies of the relevant third parties which are available through the links in the Cookies Table below.
International transfers of personal data:
We will transfer personal data to recipients in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as shown in the Cookies Table below. Any such transfers will be done in accordance with the legal requirements for such international transfers. More information is available here.
USA: We take appropriate measures to ensure that personal data transferred to third-party organizations in the USA will be adequately protected by ensuring that the recipient organization has adopted European Commission approved standard contractual clauses. More information is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_en.
International transfers of personal data by third parties:
background: #9eae66 !important; }