Publications & Presentations - Books & Papers
(M. Ferroni* retired as our Director in 2017; P. DasGupta** is our Advisor Emeritus. For more information about the authors in bold text, see our Team page).
- The Business of Plant Breeding / Market led approaches to new variety design, G.J. Persley & V. Anthony (Eds.), November 2017, ISBN139781786393814 (CABI book)
- Business, philanthropy and business-like philanthropy: Observations from a corporate foundation in agriculture, *M. Ferroni & P. Castle, SFSA working paper, November 2017
- The Private Sector and India’s Agricultural Transformation, M. Ferroni and Y. Zhou, Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, October 2017.
- "Commercial Agriculture by Indian Smallholders - from farm prospects to firm realities", **P. DasGupta, 2017 (Book). Read a summary and review. For author info, ISBNs & inquiries, see here.
- Strengthening Regional Agricultural Integration in West Africa: Key Findings & Policy Implications, Ed: J. M. Staatz, B. Diallo, N. M. Me-Nsope. (Individual book sections are available here).
- Determinants of the Use of Certified Seed Potato among Smallholder Farmers: The Case of Potato Growers in Central and Eastern Kenya (authors include SFSA's Y. Zhou and I. Barker), Agriculture 2016, 6, 55
- Crop Yields and Food Security in an Increasingly Affluent World, M. Ferroni and Y. Zhou, in The World in 2050, ed. H. Kohli, Oxford University Press, 2016
- Crop Yields and the Prospect for Food Security, M. Ferroni and Y. Zhou, Emerging Markets Forum, Tokyo, November 2015
- Projected Demand and Supply for Various Foods in West Africa: Implications for Investments and Food Policy, Y. Zhou and J. Staatz, Food Policy, 2016.
- "Production de semences de riz" (2015). Manuel pour les agents chargés de former des producteurs. Avec l'Université de Wageningen et IFDC. Parmi les auteurs: Camille Renou, collaborateur de notre Fondation.
- Asian rice economy changes and implications for sub-Saharan Africa, R.T Adjao & J.M. Staatz, 2015.
- Knowledge-Driven Development: Private Extension and Global Lessons, Y. Zhou and S.C. Babu, 2015. Academic Press, Elsevier. (Book: see here for a synopsis).
- Agricultural advice via radio in local languages: benefits and gaps: P. Castle, Certificate of Advanced Studies at Basel University, extended essay 2014
- Estimating compensation payments for on-farm conservation of agricultural biodiversity in developing countries V.V. Krishna, A.G. Drucker, et. al, 2013 (Minor millet landraces in India).
- Transforming Indian Agriculture - India 2040, Productivity, Markets and Institutions, M. Ferroni (ed.), 2012 (Book)
- Achievements and Challenges in Agricultural Extension in India, M. Ferroni and Y. Zhou, 2012. Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, 4 (3), 319-346.
- Public-Private Partnerships and Sustainable Agricultural Development, M. Ferroni & P. Castle, Sustainability 2011, 1064-1073